The Ruger PC Charger is an autoloading pistol chambered for the 9mm Luger (Parabellum) cartridge. The PC Charger is “blowback” operated and uses standard Ruger Security-9 or SR9 pistol magazines with the factory-installed magazine well. The magazine well of the PC Charger is interchangeable to accommodate alternative magazines. The PC Charger is shipped with a magazine compatible with the installed magazine well assembly marked either “SR9 S9” or “R9 R40.” A magazine well assembly marked either “G9” or “G9 G40,” that is compatible with Glock-style magazines, is included in the shipping box.
The Ruger PC Charger features easy takedown for quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Simple reassembly allows for a secure connection of the barrel/forend assembly and action and returns the firearm to zero, even when receiver mounted optics are used, ensuring consistent accuracy. The receiver-mounted, Picatinny-style rail is designed to accommodate most optics and optic mounts intended for use with Picatinny/MIL-STD 1913 rails. However, due to reduced clearance between the top of the receiver and the bottom of the optics rail, optics and optic mounts that extend more than .275" below the top of the rail may not fit the PC Charger. The PC Charger does not include factory-installed front or rear sights. The pistol comes equipped with a ½”-28 threaded muzzle and corresponding thread protector. The thread protector is retained in position by a factory-installed O-Ring when manually tightened.
- Glass-filled polymer chassis system allows for the mounting of standard AR grips
- Integrated rear 7075-T6 aluminum picatinny rail allows for the mounting of Picatinny-style rail brace mounts
- Chassis system features a flared magwell for improved magazine reloading capabilities as well as integrated rear-mounted QD cups for the quick connection of QD cup capable slings
- Handguard incorporates the traditional takedown block and features M-LOK-compatible slots at the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions for easy mounting of rails and accessories
- 6 o'clock position of the handguard features a factory-installed handstop for secure support hand placement
- Interchangeable magazine wells for use of common Ruger and Glock magazines
- Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel/forend assembly from the action for ease of transportation and storage
- Dead blow action features a custom tungsten dead blow weight that shortens bolt travel and reduces felt recoil and muzzle rise
- Reversible magazine release and reversible charging handle to support left- or right-handed use or one-handed control manipulation while maintaining a proper firing grip
- Cold hammer-forged, chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy and longevity
- Threaded barrel with included thread protector allows for use of standard muzzle accessories
- Light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22 trigger components
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control
- Also includes: one, SR-Series™ or Security-9® pistol magazine; hex wrenches for disassembly of the chassis system and pistol, and charging handle removal